Sunday, September 27, 2009

Robin Lane Comes To Seattle Friday 10/16


Lane, born and raised in L.A., began performing in clubs while still in her teens, and a hook-up with Crazy Horse led to her appearance on Neil Young's Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere album in 1969. By the end of the 70s, she formed the Chartbusters in Boston with Leroy Radcliffe and Asa Brebner (formerly of the Modern Lovers) and signed with Warner Brothers. Her self-titled debut album featured the single "When Things Go Wrong," which scraped the national charts in July 1980. After one additional album for Warner, Heart Connection, Lane semi-retired. During the late 80s and into the 90s, she contributed songs to Susannah Hoffs among others, and supported Warren Zevon, Taj Mahal and John Hiatt in concert. She returned in 1994 with Catbird Seat, recorded for the Ocean label.

Performing with Robin Lane at Skylark are locals Rusty Willoughby, Gretta Graves & Lance Ballard, and Gavin Guss.

2 comments:

  1. I gotta just add a personal comment to this blurb. When I was a wee lass, we had the Robin Lane & The Chartbusters record and I used to play it obsessively...dancing and singing along. I basically learned how to use the turntables at age 6 so that I could play it myself, mostly listening to the third song on Side A (as I recall), Don't Cry Baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too cool!! I didn't even know she was around anymore. When I DJ'ed I would play When Things Go Wrong whenever, uh, things went wrong! Sadly, I am home sick...bleah.

    ReplyDelete