Monday, May 18, 2009
Skylark Celebrates Three Years In Business With Four Local Acts
Once, Twice, Three Times a Lady-Owned Rock Club
SEATTLE, WA - June 5th, 2009 - The party commences at 8pm with throat-singing, tabla-playing DJ Baba James, continues with the downtempo Deepsleep Narcotics Company, kicks it up a notch with westside country-punk heroes The Stevedore, and culminates with indie rock awesomeness The Apple War. The traditional third wedding anniversary gift is "leather," but we don't recommend wearing it to this show. You'll overheat.
Skylark Cafe & Club is quite happy to announce its third year beating the odds. "Bad news affecting the industry is everywhere these days and people are definitely adjusting their lifestyles," says Jessie SK, owner and booking agent. "We've never charged a cover, and now we're adding a $5 lunch menu and a few domestic draft beers to help lower your tab this summer."
Highlights of the past year have been...
• Playing some of our favorite local acts on the air with Megan Seling at 107.7 The End's Locals Only
• Hooking up turntables to the sound system and launching Spin Your Wax on Tuesday evenings
• The amazing 2008 Halloween party with Apple War, We Wrote The Book On Connectors, H Is For Hellgate and more local bands battling to win the Golden Cowbell: http://www.soundonthesound.com/2008/11/03/halloween-at-the-skylark-cafe/
• Getting this sweet review on notfortourists.com: http://notfortourists.com/viewRadar.aspx?city=SE&radarID=24865
New stuff we are excited about...
• Partnering with Shoofly Pie Company to bring you a variety of freshly baked desserts: http://shooflypiecompany.com/
• Offering bands multi-track recordings of their set (!) in partnership with The Brewery: http://www.reverbnation.com/thebreweryrecordingco
• Redesigned website at http://www.skylarkcafe.com
Some things never change...
• Free, live, original local and touring musical acts Thursday through Sunday, all ages shows on Sunday evenings
• Family-friendly homemade lunch, dinner, and weekend brunch for great prices
• Full menu until midnight Tuesday through Saturday
• Yummy cocktails with premium wells, discounted daily from 3 to 6pm
• Open turntables, open mic, karaoke and weekly chances to win cash money for trivia
ABOUT SKYLARK CAFE
Skylark Café & Club is an award-winning bar, restaurant, and live music venue just minutes from downtown Seattle off the Delridge exit on the West Seattle Bridge. Hours of operation are Tuesday through Friday 11:30am - 2:00am, Saturday 9:00am – 2:00 am and Sunday 9:00am to 11:00pm. Skylark becomes 21+ at 9pm every day except Sunday, when it remains all ages until 11pm.
For menus, photos, entertainment calendar, and press clips, see www.skylarkcafe.com.